Sunday 10 February 2019

Week 118-120 - Moving in to the Residential Accommodation

Who’s got two thumbs and has finally moved in to their self-build home!?!? --- This Guy, BOOM!! [Drops mic and pulls 90’s rap pose]

[Sheepishly retrieves mic from ground when I remember I claimed it was going to take approx. 18 months to achieve and here we are three and half years later]

O well, better late than never


In my defense, if you look at the week listing of this blog you can see that we are only actually on week 120 for working ‘on’ the building. But that’s still over 2 years…. So I don’t really know why I bought that up!

Lets look at some more pictures…



The main living space has come together really nicely, it’s a lovely open plan space to spend time and as you can see the fluff balls seem to give it their seal of approval.


It’s very satisfying to have all our furniture out of storage and other belongings that we haven’t seen in nearly 4 years, with the addition of a few new items:

Penny: Soph’s new (over 100 year old) piano, that was a super steal on Ebay. Although we did have to drive to Aberdeen to collect the thing and then carry it up 3 flights of stairs. So it was paid for in sweat, sore muscles and diesel. 

New sofa and armchair: This has been Sophie and my first official collaboration – I made the frames and Sophie upholstered them. 
The angled bookcase in the corner next to the 3 seater is actually the first piece of furniture I ever made as ‘MOS Bespoke Furniture’. So what we have here is Sophie’s first piece of furniture, next to my first piece of furniture – I think that counts as romance!! 


Sleeping under the roof windows in the bedroom listening to the rain at night has been amazing. 


Again we already had our bedroom furniture but it’s been great getting to use it again.


All in all having finally moved into our new flat has been an absolute dream, and worth the wait – despite it being over double originally advertised. To be honest the first few weeks being here were a little surreal. I struggled to shake the filling it was a temporary thing, like we were on holiday or something. But we have been here a month now and it well and truly feels like home – I cant ever imagine wanting to live anywhere else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment